Friday, March 28, 2008

New Movie Friday

Hey kids! It's Friday. Do you know what that means? A host of new movies are hitting your local cineplex. Don't let the fact that most of these movies are borderline unwatchable stop you from going. What else are you gonna do? Stay in and watch Netflix? C'mon, you need to leave your apartment. Seriously, I'm starting to worry about you.

Here's a few movies that are opening today and my recommendations/predictions (based on what I know off the top of my head.)

Click on the titles to watch the trailer!

Stop-Loss- Hot guys who fight in Iraq. One of the hot guys gets called back for another tour of duty and refuses to go. Tender moments ensue. Directed by Kimberly Peirce, the director of Boys Don't Cry. Reviews are mixed on this one. I predict this movie will be a huge hit. This one is a Netflix for me.

21- This true story of super smart and awesome looking MIT students who learn how to count cards, then go to Vegas and win a bunch of money. I'm pretty sure the star of the movie will be having sex with Kate Bosworth at some point. In the trailer they roll in money on the bed, so expect a lot of other innovative scenes like that one. Reviews here.

Run Fat Boy Run- Simon Pegg, the likable Brit who brought you Shaun of the Dead, (he was Shaun) is back with another comedy. That is, if you thought Shaun of the De
ad was a comedy. I didn't laugh once while I was watching it. Maybe I need to see it again since a lot of my friend's LOVE that movie. Perhaps they were all high when they watched it? In Run Fat Boy Run, he's the fat boy and he decides to compete in a marathon in an attempt to win back his ex- played by Thandie Newton. I think I'll wait and see what my friend's (that aren't high when they see it) say.

Priceless- It's French and stars Amelie's Audrey Tatau. I'm sold.






No comments: