Sunday, February 17, 2008

Introducing Rex



I’ve had my first official New York City rat encounter. Rat’s are to New York, like cockroaches are to Los Angeles. Except, there are also cockroaches in NYC, so I guess that analogy doesn’t really hold up.

Rats are to New York like 27- year old actor’s that I’ve dated are to Los Angeles.

There, that’s better.

Rex, the rat that jumped into my path, was a pretty big fella, and easily could have been mistaken for a cat, skunk, possum or knock-off Dolce&Gabbana purse.

First I was startled, and let out a tiny shriek (like a girl!), but realizing the exciting New York experience I was having, I calmed myself down using a deep breathing technique that I learned from a Deepak Chopra podcast.

Upon closer inspection, Rex the rat was not nearly as cute as Ratatouille. He also proceeded to completely ignore my request for the secret to a great Bernaise sauce.

No comments: