Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What's Up With All the Sklyer White Hate?



Anna Gunn, the very talented actress who plays Skyler White on Breaking Bad wrote this fascinating piece in the the New York times theorizing why fans responded with so much hate towards the character and even to her. It's really thought provoking and smart which leads me to believe a man  helped her write it.

I admit, I did go through a period with Skyler during season two where I was like, "Ugh, c'mon Skyler, stop being such a buzzkill and just let Walter sell this dangerous and deadly drug that destroys lives." But I never hated her, in fact, I remember a moment when a very pregnant Skyler snuck into her car for a cigarette and I thought, "Ooh, now this is a complicated woman with secrets of her own." I've kinda loved her ever since.






No comments: